Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mustache and Burlap Birthday Party

My daughter turned 11 recently.  She has been a HUGE fan of mustaches for a long time now, but I know she will outgrow them soon.  I wanted the party theme to reflect her at this exact moment in time, so I designed a Mustache & Burlap Birthday Party incorporating some of her favorite trends.


Theme Colors: White, Black, Red and "Burlap"

I used burlap colored Deco Mesh as a table runner.  While I couldn't find perfect plates, I did find perfect napkins and laid them on top of a plain black paper plate.  I printed a thank you note on some sandwich bags and used those as goody bags.  They were tied with twine and each had a personalized mustache tag.

I found burlap and mustache ribbon and attached it to the lid of a mason jar to use as a cool drinking glass. I replaced the basic plastic straws that came with these mustaches with nicer vintage-inspired striped paper straws.

I found these plastic mustache picks by chance at a home store, and dropped my store bought cupcakes into these cute red polka dot cups for a little color.

Finally, I dropped some red and white gerbera daisies into vintage milk jars and tied burlap ribbon to each of the chairs for a finishing touch.

I have to admit, I LOVE the way this tablescape came out!  <3

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment