Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Moms just wanna have fun, too

It's been the weirdest week ever, and it's only Wednesday.  For all of the ups there have been an equal number of downs. Just today I was given some news that has taken some time to sink in.  It's both good news and bad, and at the same time it's neither bad nor good.

It's something that I've been wanting to happen, yet unexpectedly, made me a little sad.  I will share this news in the next couple of weeks when everything is said and done.  In the mean time, in case you were wondering, it has nothing to do with pregnancy.  (I'm 38 people...there are cobwebs on these here ovaries!)

I can share that this news will mean bigger and better things for AquaSeventy6, and for that I am STOKED! Stay tuned....

~~~~~
One of my ups this week was my monthly girl's night out. Mention GNO and visions of dance clubs and male reviews, jager shots and streaked mascara come to mind....yeah, none of those.  In our late mid-30s, we try to maintain a level of decorum that won't leave our teenagers horrified or scarred for life when opening their social media accounts.  "Hammered-mom-at-a-bar" is not a good look, ladies--at least not for me...anymore...at this age. ;)

Instead we choose a nice restaurant where we can have a glass of wine (or a Captain and Coke), bitch chat about our hubbies, brag about discuss our kids' recent accomplishments, complain talk about our jobs, but mostly just laugh and have a nice time. (Sans kids, sans hubby.)  Our kind of GNO may not be one for the Richter Scale, but it's much needed and suits us just fine.


At the end of the night, it was so awesome to see my friend Kristy pull out her keys and slip her AquaSeventy6 Key Ring over her wrist.  Love it!

So, how do you unwind with your amigas?  Tell me in the comments!  xoxo


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Some girlfriends and I recently thought it would fun to mix-up the MNO a bit. Indoor mountain climbing, paint alongs, pedicure night and hip hop dance class are a few of the things we have come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Yvette! Thanks for putting us little people on your blog. I laughed out loud reading it. I like the hip hop dance class idea. If only to laugh for a while.

    ReplyDelete