Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day

There's nothing I love more than being a mom.  With all of its ups and downs, I wouldn't trade in one moment of the last 14.5 years of my life.


I realize I've had it much easier than some other mothers.  My kids are healthy and happy.  Our family is intact, never having dealt with grave illness or divorce. My kids love me, and tell me so.  I adore them and never go more than a few hours (minutes) without reminding them of it.


At 14, my son still hugs me. At 11, my daughter still snuggles with me.  They don't talk back (often), or curse (that I know of), and have NEVER, EVER said "I hate you!" (to my face).




Am I a perfect mom?  No way!  Just last night I flipped out because someone drank my last can of Coke (I realize how insane this is) and made one teenage boy feel REALLY bad about it.  UGH!  I suck. (So, maybe I would trade in just that one moment.) But, for the most part, I consider myself a good mom, and I would wager my kids think so, too.


This Mother's Day, I don't want a present or fancy dinner.  All I want is to thank God for giving me the gift of my children and the opportunity to be their mother.  If I could ask for one Mother's Day gift, it would be to grow old enough to watch my children have their own children and love them as I much as they have been loved.

Happy Mother's Day, friends!  Hug your kiddos tight! xoxo





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment